I love getting manicures, but for least at $15 each time, it adds up. These days, I have been doing a lot of manis at home to save money and make sure I get exactly what I want. Here are my steps:
1. Remove your polish. I use store brand acetone remover and cotton pads.
2. Cut & trim your nails. I have a Bath & Body Works manicure set. Remove any jewelry you may be wearing.
3. Soak your nails in warm water. You can add bath salts along with a liquid soap to soften the nails. It's good to grab a hand towel and paper towel at this time.
4. Add lotion to soften the cuticle. I use Eco. Vitamin E. flower serum.
5. Push your cuticles back. If you feel comfortable, you can cut them, but definitely take caution.
6. Exfoliate with a body scrub. Mine is homemade with olive oil and raw sugar.
7. Moisturize your hands. I use Manor Hall 100% shea butter.
8. Add a base coat. (I actually cheat and use a top coat as my base.) I use Sally Hansen UV top coat.
9. Polish with your choice of color. I'm using Veronica by Jason Wu for CND.
10. Add a top coat and you're done!