Monday, September 19

Hair Chameleon

Warning: This is a highly embarrassing post.

Last week, I did a self-quiz on Oprah.com.  Yes, you are reading that correctly.  It was about "who you are meant to be."  I don't know what came over me, but I must admit, I am a sucker for these quizzes.  It turns out that I "strive for sponineity."  Hm.  I started to think about that.  After reading the prompt, I thought, that's not me.  Then, I realized I was just being difficult and that I always go after a thrill.

My main change: hair.  Since my mom is a hair stylist, I grew up with long, blonde hair.  It never went above my shoulders and it never got too dark.  Once I got to college, I went wild....with my hair (and in general, but let's not go there).  I had extensions twice, brown hair, red hair, red and blonde hair, the Victoria Beckham cut pre-Victoria Beckham, and other horrible decisions that left me with very damaged hair.  So, in celebration (or remorse) of those awful hair choices, let's look at some wonderful hair and daydream:

Angled bob.
I've always wanted this cut.  And blunt bangs make me look like a super awesome Russian spy.  Seriously.  However, it's too high maintenance with the straight style.  Also, I have super wavy, thick hair and this length makes me look a little too George Washington.  Not a good look for anyone, including him.

Massive curls.
Let's talk about more embarrassing things, like show choir.  I was in it, hence my love for Texas-sized hair and giant curls.

Red hair.
True story: I had this hair color.  And you know what? It was freaking awesome right up until I took a shower and it all came out.  I would love to go back, but I don't have the time or money to upkeep the luster I would want.

Leigh Lezark.
The best for last. I adore this look.  It's chic, simple, but makes a statement.  I have always always always wanted this look, but again, my hair type just doesn't vibe.

What are some of your favorite hairstyles? Are you gusty enough to try them or do you just daydream?

10 comments:

  1. I love that blunt cut - I had it in high school and always want to bring it back out again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am a laughing at this post. As the daughter of a hair stylist, I envy your access to trial and error. I've been a beauty editor for 5 and a half years and for the first 3 years I was game for anything--low lights, high lights, bobs, long red carpet, super straight, semi-wavy, the Brazilian etc. Suddenly my hair was beyond damaged. Now, I'm all about getting the color right and conditioning my much mis-treated hair...still I always love a new cut and style!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying imagining you with a George Washington 'do. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so making me smile - i always do naff quizzes and as for hairstyles - my mom hacked mine off as a child and i am just stuck on long - i think i will be ancient and still long!@! Thanks so much for the headsup - saw the pic - so kind of you to let me know - have a good week x

    http://fashionandfrank.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this post like this nail polish. I hope you can check out mine and if you like follow me.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always dreamed of getting the "Amelie" haircut, very short pixie with bangs, but would never have the guts!

    Btw, I always do the quizzes in O magazine. You never know when one of them could solve all your problems;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made some horrible hair decisions in high school I think in the space of one year it went through all colours of the rainbow (the most notable being the colour that coined the nickname Shrek) so I'm not messing with my hair anymore. I'll leave that for the mid life crisis! hahaah

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    making a marque

    ReplyDelete
  8. you had red hair? that's awesome! too bad it washed out though...that sucks!

    my dream hair is a pixie cut!! someday...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wish for platinum blonde with pastel pink streaks.. but I'll never be able to pull it off :(

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! It's makes my day!