Saturday, August 27

Aloha Grinds

Aloha Grinds is a very special place for me.  Not only do they have AMAZING coffee, smoothies, bubble tea, breakfast and barbecue, but it's where I met boyfriend (I know, I know. He's fiance now, but I just hate that word!)!

The menus
How did it happen? I moved into a new neighborhood, Bay Ridge, after my apartment got robbed.  Luckily, it was only a 15 minute commute to work.  Since I had some extra time in the mornings, I wanted to find somewhere to get coffee beforehand.  That's when I found Aloha Grinds!  It had a refreshing Hawaiian theme, great music, and most importantly, a pretty cute owner.

Seating.
I would go in a couple of a times per week and hope to see him.  We talked about a mutual love for sushi, sake, karaoke, and The Office.  We were immediately enamored with each other.  After a month (he says) or three (I say), he finally asked me out.  The rest is history.

Exposed brick and some art.
The game shelf.

If you're ever in Brooklyn, be sure to stop by and say Aloha! :)

PS-For those in the way of Irene, please please please be careful.

3 comments:

  1. aww that is so sweet! i'll come stop in next summer when i'm in the neighborhood. sending aloha your way from Hawaii, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww such a cute story! And stay safe in the storm! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! It's makes my day!