Friday, July 29

Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed...

Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.-Miss Carrie Bradshaw

Oh yes! I'm taking it there. We're going back to Sex and the City for a moment.  Now, I know it's a very cliche, trite fashiony topic. I know it's been blogged to death.  But let's be honest: who hasn't been inspired by some point by these fab four? Whether it be relationships, fashion, or friendships, we've all learned a thing or two from them.  Today I'm going to focus on some key looks that I've been daydreaming about lately.

The infamous naked dress.
Who's going to forget the naked dress? I love this look for its simplicity, sultriness, and overall departure for all things extravagant.

Miranda at Stanford's Wedding
Miranda looked the best she ever looked at Stanford's wedding in a Halston gown.  Who knew Miranda could look this good?

Carrie in Vivienne Westwood Suit
First, I was so jealous of her hair like this. Second, it was a nice change to see her in something so tailored and professional. 

Heck yes earrings.

 I'm not sure what scene this is from, but HELLO earrings. Gorgeous.
TOP BUN ACTION!!!
Seriously, Carrie rocked the top bun way back. And she's having a major neck party going on. In love.

Valentino neon gown.
Ok, so this wasn't on the show, but it's wonderful and neon and I'm including it.

Sexed up Charlotte.
Charlotte with a spin! She was known for her preppy, conservative look, but she definitely stepped it up a notch with this one!
The dress.
Everyone wondered who would design it.  Everyone wondered what it would look like.  It was a media and fashion design industry frenzy.  Nope. I'm not talking about Duchess Catherine of Wales. It was Miss Carrie Bradshaw.  Although I personally am not a fan of poofy dresses, she pulls it off.  I'm rather partial to that giant feather on her head.

What was your favorite SATC look or character?

13 comments:

  1. I loooove Carrie - i dont care if some roll their eyes - i love her - i want her entire wardrobe and your very own Mr Big - what more could you ask for?? have a good one x

    http://fashionandfrank.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Miranda, she always said the things everyone else was feeling. And I can totally relate to her cynicism, ha. But remember that black dress that Charlotte wore to a wedding she was in, the backless one? Gorgeous!

    Did you see that I tagged you in this post? http://saturdayswithmaggy.blogspot.com/2011/07/7-links.html

    Love the new look on the blog by the way, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the whole phenomenon of SATC never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adore sex and the city :)

    LaVoguette

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhh walk down memory lane!! i miss sex and the city---sometimes i watch reruns and it's the best!!! and thank you sooooooo much for your awesome comments---you rule! much love pretty!

    xx
    ashley <3

    pursenboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie forever! Have seen every episode a 1000 times & no I'm not kidding! Have a lovely weekend dear! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. waow.. that neon gown is tooo amazing! I seriously wanna wear that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sex in the city!! Samantha is the best!

    Visit my blog www.dutyofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the TV series but movies.. I was disappointed:(
    Still these 4 girls are absolute chic! Love love their style!
    xox
    http://crashingred.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...I love these women. Carrie is amazing!Can a woman really be that gorgeous and awesome?!Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! memory lane.

    xx,
    Mary
    www.sothentheysay.com
    mary@rewardstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such iconic looks- Miranda looks so beautiful!

    stylebymj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sex & The City" is THE best show!!! I love "Carrie's" style!!!!
    Love your blog!!!!!
    :-)
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! It's makes my day!