Tuesday, June 21

Happiness

Let's just throw it out there.  I am a creature of habit.  I could eat the same meal every day for the next month.  I like wearing uniforms instead of stressing out about what to wear each day.  I have liked the same music since I was an angst-ridden teenager (Jewel, anyone?).

However, I love to try new things.  I am huge Malcolm Gladwell fan.  Blame it on my liberal nature or that I live in New York or that I may think I am more intellectual that I am, but I do.  I recently found this book, Stumbling on Happiness, that he reviewed.  Although it sounds like self-help book, believe me, it's far from it.  It discusses the human mind, condition, and our brains confuse our eyes and vice versa.  It's hugely accessible and gives us an explanation as to why we, as humans, do strange things sometimes.  He puts it in perspective so it's uber easy to read and it's even funny.  Most importantly, it makes you go "hmm..."  And after all, isn't that the point of all books?  I tease!  Seriously though, it's a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love! It's makes my day!