Friday, December 23

Nature Vs. Nurture: Hair Mask

I've always been curious about the home remedies for sicknesses and beauty solutions.  Whenever I ask my mom about a good moisturizing product for my color-treated hair, she says the same thing: eggs and mayo. Yes, really.  So I gathered up the courage and went for it.  In this post, I'm going to put it up against Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Pak, which is a long-time favorite.

Nature: Equal parts egg, mayo, and olive oil.  Treat as conditioner and leave in for 15 minutes.


Results: It was messy and stinky, as you would imagine.  I wanted to walk around, but it really wasn't an option without leaving a trail of the mixture.  If you try this, stick to the shower.  Once rinsed, my hair felt stringy, not moisturized.  However, it went very wavy, which is my natural hair texture.

Nurture: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Pak. Treat as conditioner and leave in for 15 minutes.


Results: It's easy to use, doesn't have a real scent, and makes my hair feel like silk.  The one disadvantage is that it is almost too moisturizing and my hair ends up holding a lot of water and feeling heavy when wet.
Verdict:  I'm going to go with Nurture.  The egg/mayo/olive oil mixture was just too messy and it didn't moisturize my hair at all.  It felt like the quality of my hair actually went backwards.  The Kiehl's treatment gives my hair a baby soft feel and seems a lot stronger after use.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh la la, love the shower pics ;)

    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see your hair dry after the Kiehl treatment! I bet it's super shiny and puuuurdy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost look as pretty as me without makeup! HAHAHAHA I'm just kidding you! You know WE are cute. I'm glad you tried it. I always heard about it, but never tried the mixture. I once did olive oil and that was a complete mess. I need a heavy duty conditioner, so I will definitely try Kiehl's. :)
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! It's makes my day!