Wednesday, June 22

Style Evolution 2011

I am a woman on a mission, a style mission.  Everyone tells you that your 20s is when you figure out who you are.  I think I knew who Lindsay was a while ago, but how Lindsay should be dressed, that's another question.  I've kind of done it all; the vintage, the bohemian, the preppy classic, the eccentric, you name it. I've decided that on the eve (almost!) of my 25th birthday extravaganza that I should solve this dilemma.  My friend has graciously loaned me I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style by Amanda Brooks.  It gives helpful perspectives, definitions, attributes, and practical closet advice for a multitude of styles.

Amanda Brooks
I then decided I should document this project, as I denoted "Style Evolution 2011."  It's more dramatic that way.

My uber-dramatic goal sheet.
You probably can't read that, but essentially it is a list of my goals to reshape my wardrobe.  I would like to do the following:

  • Add more classic pieces
  • Add more textural diversity
  • Adhere to minimalist designs/style
  • Invest in wardrobe staples
  • Allow 1 splurge per season
  • Build a lifetime wardrobe
As you see, I snuck in my style results in there.  Yes, the results are in and I am a minimalist. I don't know how I didn't figure this out earlier in life!  I have always enjoyed uniforms, tailored pieces, eccentric silhouettes, and I abhor patterns. 

I am a minimalist.

So I will go forth on this journey to become a minimalist, reshape my wardrobe, and build a closet full of classic, quality pieces.  Are you with me?

6 comments:

  1. good luck with your style journey :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are soul sisters. i am totally in the same head space with style- i've come to realize and embrace my minimalist bent. welcome to the club! also thanks for the comment. I did not see the homeless chinese dude that blogs were following- honestly i'm kind of new to the game! didn't start reading other people's blogs till a few months ago. but that's hilarious. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally buy it! It's a great way to "build" your wardrobe and focus on what will actually works. It talks about budget, body shape, and making rules for yourself. Mine is to always always always have a good pointy toe flat on hand!

    http://www.blackandblondeone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un blog tres interessant!:)
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. i definitely agree with all your tips! classic pieces and wardrobe staples are a must for any season or style :)

    thestyle-child.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! It's makes my day!